2008 July 14
COOKEVILLE, TN - MTFFL News Service
The High Life Fantasy Football team today announced that they would be changing the team name before the start of the 2008 season. A final announcement is expected soon.
According to Owner/President/GM/Coach Jeff Wolfe, "I realized recently that I haven't had a High Life in several years. I don't think it is fair to the team, our fans, or the High Life brand to continue this sponsorship. I have to do what is best for the team. I have notified the MillerCoors Corporation that we will not be renewing our contract for the 2008 season."
The High Life was the only remaining MTFFL II team with a corporate sponsor. The Trojans removed themselves from the league in the off season. Arthur Andersen sponsored a team for a few seasons until financial difficulties forced them to cut ties.
The High LIfe is a charter member of the MTFFL II. There are only 6 charter members still in the league. The High LIfe have a career record of 35-49-0 and finished 2nd in the Smash Mouth Division last season.
"I don't regret my relationship with High Life at all. They were there for me in the beginning and we had good times together" said Wolfe. "I"m looking forward to a great 2008 with this team - whatever the name will be. I feel confident that Adrian Peterson and Derek Anderson (keeper spoiler alert!) will have a great year and I think we have a good chance to get to the playoffs this season."
New Team Name for the High Life
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
New Team Name for the High Life
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Re: New Team Name for the High Life
Born-again Virgins!wolfe wrote:I realized recently that I haven't had a High Life in several years. I don't think it is fair to the team, our fans, or the High Life brand to continue this sponsorship.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: New Team Name for the High Life
The new team name is the
Beer Swillers
Beer Swillers
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: New Team Name for the High Life
similary close to the former team name....
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: New Team Name for the High Life
Yeah, my fans wanted a name they could relate to.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: New Team Name for the High Life
I like the former betterwolfe wrote:The new team name is the
Beer Swillers