Page 2 of 5

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm
by Oompa Midgets
wolfe wrote:Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

IMO it is only more convenient for you. It costs more money and I didn't think room was that much of an issue. It is also nice to have a buffet we can snack from rather than buying appetizers.

Sounds like you don't want to host!?!? If that is true just say so. I am sure we can work something out, but I really dislike the Cdaddy's idea.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:03 pm
by thechosenone
i am in for either place. midget you are a pain in our butts.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:34 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
The bar idea sounds about as awesome as having a glass pipe inserted into my penis and smashed with a hammer.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 am
by woody
bilyeuofbaxter wrote:The bar idea sounds about as awesome as having a glass pipe inserted into my penis and smashed with a hammer.
I always suspected you of being into that freaky shit. Sicko.

I can do either. I'm no stranger to spending several hours in a bar.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 pm
by Jonathan S.
thechosenone wrote:i am in for either place. midget you are a pain in our butts.
He definitely is a pain in the ass.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 pm
by Jonathan S.
the Man, the Myth... wrote:
wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D
Cookeville is halfway to Knoxville from Smyrna. What are you on about?

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:08 pm
by Jonathan S.
The alternate host, i.e. Crawdaddys, would have had a private reception area for MTFFLers only. No mess and fuss with other customers at no charge. Drew would have cut us a deal if we agreed to order however many appetizers during the day. As well, there was the lure of 2 for 1 draft beers; although, some would pay more, it might be more worth it to others.

But some of you are poo-pooing this idea; so, that's fine...majority does rule these leagues.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
Jonathan S. wrote:
the Man, the Myth... wrote:
wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D
Cookeville is halfway to Knoxville from Smyrna. What are you on about?




What am I on about? At the risk of seeming stupid, Im not quite sure what you are asking me Sir.

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:14 pm
by Jonathan S.
[quote="I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D[/quote]

So, you're driving to Cookeville every weekend anyway?