Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:34 am
by Jonathan S.
Sorry, okay, so maybe you weren't indicating it wasn't a done deal, but you said:
"well, u r down 3-1 right now with jeff's vote pending..."
I later said:
"you gotta have 8 votes, not 3." NOW I have apoligized and my SHIT is straight!
You are right that some teams are defensive heavy, that's why I agree with you that the offensive yards tiebreaker is not fair. We're not trying to avoid a tie; we're trying to come up with a tiebreaker; so, it should be the most fair and equitable option that we choose, so why not split the money? I have always been of the opinion that we should use total touchdowns, and now I am, and have been saying split the money, which seems most equitable, so despite my bitching, I HAVE thrown out some suggestions. As for bitching, you DO your share as well Anthony.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:35 am
by Oompa Midgets
GO BY THEIR TOTAL POINTS FOR THE TWO GAMES...
i thought about that after i posted...

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:40 am
by Jonathan S.
Yet, another equitable option, I could agree with.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:47 am
by wolfe
Wow. Now this is what I wanted. Where was this intensity a few days ago?

#1 - We will never agree on a tiebreaker system if everyone is trying to skew it toward the their particular team strength

#2 - I don't like using previous games as a tie breaker for playoff game

Does anyone support the idea of using bench players?





My 2 cents: Can't you people have a discussion without accusing the opposing opinion as "bitching" or "bothersome". This league seems to be full of over-sensitive children.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:53 am
by Oompa Midgets
i like to get people goin if u haven't noticed...
bench points is the dumbest thing imaginable...
many teams are setting up for the future (myself included) not for bench points...MAYBE I'M JUST CRAZY, BUT ISN'T A TIEBREAKER SO THAT U AVOID A TIE???
splitting the money sounds ok to me, but what if it is in the 1st round???

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:04 am
by wolfe
Yes, a tiebreaker should break a tie. Which as happened only once in 660 games (both leagues) so far.

As Anthony said earlier this week, using Total Yards will most likely break the tie so there would be no need to go to the 2nd & 3rd tie breakers.

We are trying to break a tie here. Not reward the best offense or best defense. That battle has already been fought when the matchup was played out on the field.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:35 am
by Agitator
i somewhat like what you had, but can we tweek it a little..

1--total yards
2--total tackles
3--total touchdowns
4--total sacks
5--coin flip
6- if somehow that is tied, then i think huntington should automatically win the league!

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:38 am
by Oompa Midgets
that would balance it out a little more
1--offense
2--defense
3--offense
4--defense
5--luck
6--impossible

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:33 pm
by Jonathan S.
If bench players were so important, as to count in the outcome of a game, don't you think they would be included in the lineup?? It is bothersome when you use your editing skills.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:00 pm
by Oompa Midgets
anyone can edit their post as long as noone has responded yet...