Page 2 of 3

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:33 pm
by thechosenone
please say you dont have a rick mirer jersey-ha ha ha ha ha..thats funny

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:43 pm
by wolfe
Yes! An authentic #3 Seattle Seahawks jersey. It doesn't have his name on the back.

Floyd Reese should sign Mirer as a personal favor to me. I've been a Titans season ticket holder for 6 years. He owes me!

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:07 am
by Agitator
The Nashville Tennessean reports Falcons GM Rich McKay told a team official last night that the team was exiting the bidding for free-agent QB Billy Volek, and McKay then released a statement to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that ''enough was enough.'' Neither Volek nor his agent, Ken Staninger, returned calls last night.

Titans GM Floyd Reese said last night that no deal had been reached with Volek, but that the two sides were closing in on an agreement. ''I got a counter proposal (yesterday) that I'm looking at,'' Reese said. ''It looks like something we could live with, so we'll keep at it.'' Volek said this week that he preferred to stay with the Titans. However, that sentiment likely cost him a little money.


ONE LESS COMPETITOR AGAINST US TO RE-SIGN VOLEK!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:43 am
by Agitator
Titans: Volek re-signs for four years


THE NEWS

Billy Volek is staying put. The ! Titans re-signed ! their backup quarterback Monday night to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year. The deal will pay Volek $6.8 million in the four years, according to the Associated Press.


OUR VIEW

There goes the last decent quarterback on the free agent market. There was no doubt Volek wanted to stay in Tennessee even after the Bills made a strong push and the Falcons offered more money. The Steve McNair/Volek duo is one of the strongest team quarterbacks in fantasy football.



WE KEEP VOLEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now we don't have to worry about quarterback for 4 years!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:52 am
by Jonathan S.
We just have to worry about Volek's spleen.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:47 am
by thechosenone
where do you get that deal.....a backup qb makes over a million....man it must be nice

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:21 pm
by wolfe
Spleen'll be fine.

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:15 am
by Agitator
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans want to sign former free-agent DT Glen Steele (Bengals), it's just a matter of whether or not they can pull off a deal with the six-year pro. GM Floyd Reese and Steele's agent, Ken Kremer, have had numerous discussions since Steele visited the Titans on April 1. But the Titans remain snug against the salary cap, which makes signing players difficult. ''Where it goes from here I'm not sure yet,'' Reese said. Reese also continues to talk with the agent for S Scott McGarrahan, but so far the two sides haven't been able to reach an agreement.


i looked this player up on nfl.com and he doesn't seem to be very impressive.......

he is 6-3 300 lbs, but
over the last 6 years he only has 68 tackles....about 11 tackles a YEAR!

I HOPE WE PASS ON HIM.......McGarrahan was a bigger part of our defense last year ......hw had 36 tackles and 1 sack (which isn't much, but we need good db's)

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:37 am
by Agitator
The Nashville Tennessean reports when contacted late yesterday, Titans DT Albert Haynesworth said he was a no-show because he had the wrong dates on his own personal schedule. The Titans practiced yesterday, and will practice again tomorrow, part of 14 days of voluntary organized team activities this offseason. ''I thought practice was (today) and (tomorrow) and I planned on being there. I wasn't planning on missing any OTAs (organized team activities), but I missed this one, so I guess I thought wrong,'' Haynesworth said. ''But I am on my way back. I'll be there (today).'' Haynesworth said he was in North Carolina visiting a family member who is ill. When informed of the negative reaction of some of his teammates, Haynesworth said he plans to handle things in person. ''I'm not putting anything in the paper saying 'Sorry' or anything like that,'' he said. ''I'll talk to them when I get there, that's all I have to say.''




WILL HE EVER LIVE UP TO THE DRAFT POSITION WE TOOK HIM AT
he causes tooooooo much turmoil with everyone

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:03 am
by Jonathan S.
Hell no; he won't live up to it. As I have stated before, all he cares about is: going back to Knoxville and showing off his bling-bling. Haynesworth stated that he would be in the Pro-Bowl this year. What a fucking joke. Play Rien Long, at least he's out of the doghouse, and has been around all offseason. McNair was pissed off. Go to:

http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/arc ... D=50786940