Page 12 of 21

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:24 am
by Oompa Midgets
The Nashville Predators have re-signed Jerred Smithson to a two-year/$1 million contract.

Smithson will earn $475,000 this season and $525,000 in 2008/09. He had five goals and 12 points in 64 games in 2006/07.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 am
by Jonathan S.
It's great for him that he will nearly double his spending power once they move to Hamilton.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 am
by Agitator
kick ass.... that guy is averaging .07 goals a game!

STANLEY CUP, here we come!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 am
by Oompa Midgets
actually he averaged .078125 gpg...stupid hog

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:11 pm
by Agitator
wow.... that extra .008125 more is really going to make a difference...

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Man for a guy getting an MBA you sure are behind the financial times. The Canadian dollar is .94 US dollars. So he's only going to get 1.06 X his spending power.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:35 pm
by Agitator
does a goal in Canada count as a goal in the US?

or

does 1 goal in Canada count as 1.06 goals in the US?

either way, BLAME CANADA!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:39 pm
by Jonathan S.
Well, I'm not getting an International Business MBA. I thought about not posting that because I figured you would check up on the exchange rate. Oh well, I got my point across.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:47 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
I already knew the exchange rate. Actually, the last time I checked it was .92, but I checked the most recent exchange rate and it was .94.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:09 pm
by Jonathan S.
Well, it's at .935xxxx or .94 right now. Congratulations on being correct.