Page 5 of 10
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:07 am
by wagordy
I am please as punch with the league..... Oh and the HFA. And I cant sit and watch the message board all the damn time to respond. I work during the day (and don't have much time)......... I just happened to check it today.
And Also I dont remember what we had talked about at the preds game about these issues I have slept and drank since then and also I think the league has met pretty much the balance it was heading to with the rules as they are. there are people on both sides balancing it oujt and this is where it has settled. Leave it alone.
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:01 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
feelings hurt?? that would actually require me to have feelings.....
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:03 pm
by Jonathan S.
Yep, we've got another robot on our hands.
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm
by wolfe
I am Bender please insert girder.
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:12 pm
by Jonathan S.
No, you're PimpBot 3000; we've got pictures.
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:53 pm
by Oompa Midgets
we were close to getting rid of HFA last season, how does Ernie feel about it???
Ernie, don't listen to Will!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:23 am
by The Guru
Hey John F. dont be posting all your fancy rule ideas on this discusson board. If you want to do that start your own league. Also, dont even bring up any ideas that arent pre-approved, because all topics have already been discussed till everyone is blue in the face.
Know your damn role.
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am
by eazye187
Oompa Midgets wrote:we were close to getting rid of HFA last season, how does Ernie feel about it???
Ernie, don't listen to Will!!!
My
HFA: I don't have a real problem with it. As is, or even going down to three points. If you are a sad enough team that you can't overcome a 3-7 point disadvantage, maybe you shouldn't win anyway.
Roster Sizes; 25 is just fine. Can make for a lengthy draft, though. I would be up for lesser number of "draftable" spots with the last 2-3 filled out from the waiver wire, since those are usually scrubs anyway.
Position freezes: I would not mind a position freeze on certain valuable positions. There is no reason for anyone to keep 9 RB's unless they are hoarding and waiting for an inevitable starter to go down. This is especially true with a keeper league.
Which leads to freeze limits: I think it should be one of two options. Either reduce the amount of freeze spots, or set a year limit on freezes. This can either be a set length, or base it on draft position. I think this would increase competition because there would be more quality players available to draft and more strategy on who to keep and who to trade before they become a "free agent".
OK, I have my asbestos undies on, let the flames begin.
Ernie
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
Hoarding running backs is exactly what they do. Since we can have a kablillion players on our teams they just fill their rosters with backup running backs.
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:33 am
by Jonathan S.
They who? That is only done by a couple of people. Set limits. That's fine with me.
Oh, thanks Ernie for that insight. Especially your two cents about freezers. I hope you can read into my sarcasm.
From what I understand, you really wanted to join this league because of your knowledge received from Will about the league. Now...you've got some certainly wonderful ideas of how to improve it without even playing in our league for one week let alone one year.
Set a limit on freezers? What? So, a bad team would have less freezers because of their high draft pick, or a good team would have less freezers because of their bad drafting spot? How would that work? More strategy? How would you know that we are in need of more strategy? I'm curious.