Page 6 of 9

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:22 pm
by wolfe
For those that are voting "no", I hope you realize that there will probably not be ANY live stats this season if we don't change websites.

If that's the way the vote results go, then so be it. But I don't see any way to automate the updates on gameday this season. There doesn't seem to be enough interest by third parties to continue developing a separate piece of software to do the update. And as long as Sideline Software is running MyFantasyLeague.com they will never add an auto update function in the FFLM software.

Vote "no" if you want to. I just want to make sure you understand what will be missing if we don't switch to MyFantasyLeague.com

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:58 am
by Agitator
i have a baby boy on the way and i may not have as much time as the previous years....

i don't care if we go to the other site, but i just don't want to have to figure out the layout of another site.

can you not set this site up to update every 30 minutes to an hour?

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 am
by wolfe
C'mon, Mick. You're smart guy. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out another site.

Let me explain this again. The FLM software does not have a built in auto update feature. On gameday I have to 1) manually import the latest transactions - from an e-mail that I configured mtffl.com to send me. 2) Then starting lineups have to be manually imported into the program - from another e-mail. 3) Then, the stats have to be manually downloaded. 4) Then the web pages with the updated stats have to be uploaded to the mtffl.com web site.

It's a fairly tricky process even when I do it manually. In years past, other FLM users have developed clumsy little programs to try to automate these steps. Last year's version was really flaky. Each year everyone is gradually switching to FLM and there is less interest in developing these 3rd party programs. This year I don't see anyone that has updated their programs yet and the FLM program has subtle changes each year. Last years "auto" program won't work with the 2006 version of FLM.

Even if someone does come out with an updated "auto" program, it will still be subject to constant failures. I have never promised - and never will - live updates. It's just too complex. If you want live stats we have to switch. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait until late Sunday night or Monday morning to see the scores.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:51 am
by bstock
so, what will the current site be used for if we switch - a memorial?

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 am
by wolfe
Don't get sentimental over MTFFL.com. It'll be OK.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:41 am
by Agitator
it doesnt' matter... i'll do whatever..

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:09 am
by Jonathan S.
Vote no!

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:27 am
by thechosenone
commish, you gave the hog to much credit when you said he was a smart guy !!

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:30 am
by Agitator
i guess you have to be lucky, not smart, to win 2 championships.... you did it.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:30 am
by bilyeuofbaxter
This is stupid. Screw you guys. This will be much easier on Jeff and improve our stat viewing abilities. Do you cunt bags have to update these stats, NO. If I was the commish and had to do all that stuff I would have not even asked. By the way here are the arguments against this move
1) it would be annoying to switch URL's
2) I don't want to learn a new layout
3) vote no
what a bunch of dumbassery.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: