Re: 2012 Playoffs
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm
Interesting. I did run a foosball tourney with a watered down version of that back in the day. We had a table to give away and were trying to get new players to come regularly (more money for the bar). I will say it did not work for that purpose. Worth some thought, but I would rather we try it on for size in a new league before we overhaul this one. I wonder if a league could be set up where a player has one roster/lineup to manage but the site is running two (or more) formats in the background? That would be a good way to test new ideas.Oompa Midgets wrote: I'll throw it out there for one last attempt. It's called the Victory Point System (VPS). We still play head to head every week. All victors receive 2 points, and then there are additional points based on points. Top scorers 1-4 for the week receive 2 points for a total possibility of 4; teams 5-8 receive 1 additional point and 9-12 receive 0 additional although they could still receive 2 points by lucking out and playing one of the few lower scoring teams in that week. Therefore it is possible to score up to 4 points in any given week. This is a hybrid format that rewards teams that consistently score above average although their record might not reflect such. So if you score the 2nd most points in the league that week and lose to the top scoring team you still receive 2 points. IMO to do that is just as good as winning a game scoring the 10th most points in the league for that week.
Then we'll have more discussion about the teams playing in a weaker division having more victory points, but at least this will narrow the gap.....
Will this finally receive some warranted discussion?