Page 1 of 2
Titans Secondary
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:50 pm
by Jonathan S.
Well, off to the game. Going to watch Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch duke it out. They possibly will both have 200 yards by the half if the Titans D-backs don't sure up. Andre Woolfolk is the number 1 nickelback; it will be interesting to see how much better he must be than Echols and Beckham. Echols stunk it up big time in that glorified scrimmage against the Dolphins last week.
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:50 pm
by Jonathan S.
That's Woolfolk, not Wookfolk.
Sorry.
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:42 pm
by wolfe
Hey? You're not going to the game! Are you?
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:39 am
by Guest
Yes.
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:31 pm
by Jonathan S.
I was there, and I was also the mystery guest.
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:12 pm
by Agitator
we're going to have an awesome dl. once ryan long and haynesworth are running together, we will have the position set for 4-5 years.
i'm excited about this year, we'll probably go 10-6 (and that's only because everyone is getting better). Make it to the playoffs and then be SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:36 am
by Jonathan S.
Rien Long is a project, much like Haynesworth, Rien Long has been labeled as an underachiever; let's hope he gets it together this year. Haynesworth just seems to be on a path toward destruction. I realize that he is only 22 years old, but he needs to get it together and stop worrying about what goes on in Knoxville. By that I mean, he needs to stop worrying about showing off his bling-bling and celebrity status in K-town. I am excited about his potential, but the odds are that he will just end up as another thug who couldn't check his ego at the door. We saw his thugness in action the other day when Hartwig whipped him on a play, and Albert got pissed, he didn't respect the fact that Hartwig, his own teammate, could beat him on a play, and kicked him after the play. I wish I could be as optimistic about the two of them as you are Mickl. In my opinion, Haynesworth will not be re-signed when his contract period ends. But, that's only my opinion; we'll see what the future holds.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:37 am
by Jonathan S.
Sorry, Mick, not Mickl. Damn typos.
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:00 pm
by Agitator
yeah, i guess i'm just using some wishful thinking....long was the best lineman in college. i agree they both have attitude problems, but it sounds like kearse needs to smack them around a little bit.
so smallwood, what record will the titans end up with this year?
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:20 pm
by Jonathan S.
I have no idea, Mick. I am hopeful; so, I will agree with your estimate of 10-6. It will be tough, but they should be able to do it. I just hope Indy's defense is not greatly improved; if not, then that will help the Titans win the AFC South.