Page 1 of 1

O-line

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 am
by Oompa Midgets
looks like we may cut all 5 of our starting offensive lineman in the past 2 years.. :(

03/01 09:24 Titans: Hopkins expects to be released
THE NEWS
Offensive tackle Brad Hopkins, a first-round pick in 1993 and starter for the Titans/Oilers franchise since his rookie season, expects to become a salary cap casualty. "The Titans have a tough cap situation which we are sensitive to," Hopkins' agent told the Tennessean. "If I had to guess right now I would say probably Brad will be on the market as a free agent. He'd love to stay in Tennessee, but I don't know if it's going to be possible from a cap standpoint." Hopkins recently declined an offer from the team to significantly reduce his $4.25 million salary and a $1.5 million roster bonus for this season.

Our View
The two-year roster purge that has dropped the Titans from a perennial AFC playoff contender to the early picks of the draft each of the past two seasons continues. Hopkins may not be the only offensive lineman to go, as center Justin Hartwig can become an unrestricted free agent and guards Zach Piller ($2.5 million salary for 2006) and Benji Olson ($3 million in 2006) might need to rework their deals or look elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 pm
by Jonathan S.
Hartwig is gone. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:46 pm
by wolfe
I just sent my check for my season tickets. Am I a fool?

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:45 pm
by thechosenone
yes, that is why i sold my p.s.l.'s 3 years ago....thank goodness !!!!!!!! right before the titans demise. did good ol' bud raise the prices again?

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 am
by Agitator
i guess this would be a good time to buy some.

what is the lowest amount you would sale your PSL's for ???

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 am
by wolfe
My ticket price stayed the same. I'm not selling my PSL.

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:49 am
by Jonathan S.
Mine didn't go up. I'm not selling mine either, but I will wait until the last minute to give Bud his money.

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:09 pm
by Oompa Midgets
WE KEPT BENJI!!!

Benji Olson - G - TEN
Titans re-signed G Benji Olson to a four-year contract.
It's a restructured deal. Olson started all 16 games last season and has been on the team since being drafted in the fifth round in 1998. Mar. 2 - 1:09 pm et
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:46 am
by Oompa Midgets
Jonathan S. wrote:Hartwig is gone. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
it pains me to say this but u were right smallwood...

March 12, 2006, 01:27
Titans, Panthers :: OL

Panthers Sign Free Agent C Hartwig
Pat Yasinskas, The Charlotte Observer - [Full Article]

According to several league sources, the Carolina Panthers have signed free agent center Justin Hartwig, formerly of the Tennessee Titans. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.