Page 1 of 2
Goodell's Strategy
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:23 am
by Jonathan S.
I think I've figured it out. I think I've figured out how he hands down or will hand down suspensions. PacMan Jones - arrested 5 times = 10 game suspension (Goodell gave himself a cushion by suspending him for the year in case something does shake down in Vegas); Chris Henry - arrested 4 times = 8 game suspension.
So, it appears that an arrest gets you a 2-game suspension. Let's see what happens with these new arrests.
Although, I could be wrong about how many times Henry was suspended.
Feel free to poke holes in my theory.
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:40 am
by wolfe
Why are you trying to apply a mathematical formula to this you crazy bean-counter?
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:06 am
by Jonathan S.
Trying to make sense of it.
I hope to hell this backfires in his face. There are other more important issues going on, i.e. streamlining the dire needs fund for NFL retirees.
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:18 am
by Agitator
May 20, 2007, 21:36
Jets :: DB
Jets CB J. Miller Arrested On Assault Charges
ESPN.com - [Full Article]
New York Jets cornerback Justin Miller was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched a woman in a New York City nightclub. He was reportedly attempting to hit a man. Miller was later arrested after a police chase at approximately 4:20am. "I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said. "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects the privilege I have been given."
He should get 2 games !!! (does pre-season count?)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:05 pm
by Agitator
Bengals WR Henry failed drug test
Cincinnati reports Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry failed a court-ordered drug test last week and is likely headed to jail.
The test was part of a two-year probation agreement stemming from Henry's arrest on a weapons charge last fall. He has 88-day and 30-day suspended sentences in two different counties that will likely be triggered now that he's violated his probation. Henry is already suspended for the first half of 2007. May. 21 - 12:43 pm et
Source: WLWT 5 Cincinnati
i don't get how this guy keeps getting less of a suspension than Pacman. The good thing for Henry is that he gets to go to jail. Jail Time = Less Suspension Time
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:51 pm
by wolfe
What do you mean by "keeps" getting suspensions? Goodell met with Jones and Henry 1 time and suspended them after talking to them. Are you actually expecting the commissioner to adjust his penalties on a daily basis?
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:59 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
The test actually turned out negative in the final results. So you can quit f'n crying about your wanna be lover Pac today Mick. I have grown tired of reading x did this and y did that look at how that compares to Pacman's suspension. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Shut up! Please.
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:14 pm
by Agitator
wolfe wrote:What do you mean by "keeps" getting suspensions?
got suspensed (singular, not plural) ...
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:15 pm
by Agitator
wolfe wrote: Are you actually expecting the commissioner to adjust his penalties on a daily basis?
you mean once you get suspended, you can't get suspended for anything else? if he does something else, the suspension will be increased. that's not a crazy idea.
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:21 pm
by Agitator
bilyeuofbaxter wrote:The test actually turned out negative in the final results.
i didn't think facts mattered with the suspension.... persons name in the news = bad eye for the nfl = suspensions
bilyeuofbaxter wrote:So you can quit f'n crying about your wanna be lover Pac today Mick. I have grown tired of reading x did this and y did that look at how that compares to Pacman's suspension. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Shut up! Please.
i'm just voicing my opinion that the suspension to pacman is excessive. i'll keep posting what X and Y does until someone gets the same penalty. until then, just don't read my posts.
do you still like horse racing when you lose your money?