Page 1 of 1

Head knockers

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:35 pm
by wolfe
clipping wrote:A study conducted by the University of North Carolina's Center for the Study of Retired Athletes has concluded that those players who had at least three concussions during their NFL careers had triple the risk of clinical depression as those who had no concussions. Those who recalled one or two concussions were 1-1/2 times more likely to be diagnosed with depression, said research director Kevin Guskiewicz. The study included more than 2,500 retired NFL players.

...

New commissioner Roger Goodell has made safety and especially concussions a focal point. This fits right alongside his concerns. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fairly radical helmet innovations in the next few years to help deal with this.
Maybe they should follow NASCAR and develop a "Helmet of Tomorrow".

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:44 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
I'll get my dad on the phone.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:48 pm
by Jonathan S.
That's so true.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm
by wolfe
bilyeuofbaxter wrote:I'll get my dad on the phone.
Double chin straps!