Page 1 of 2

Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:24 pm
by wolfe
What are your thoughts on the helmet images that we've been using forever? Think it's time to freshen up our team logos?

I know at least one of you troglodytes will say, "Don't change anything. Leave it the way it is." But I'm bored with the way the site looks and it needs a makeover.

One of the settings on MFL is to replace the team name with an image on the reports. I like the idea of doing this. I've been playing around with the settings to get a good balance between nice looking images and page length. When I use the full helmet size - which is usually 140px X 114px - the page becomes about 3 screens long. I can shrink the images to what ever size I specify, but then you can hardly see any detail on the helmet.

What if I remake all the images so they are just the logo and not on the helmet? Sort of a cropped logo like this:
Image

Or just an updated image with the helmet/logo and the team name on it like these
Image Image
Image

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:46 pm
by bstock
I like the horizontal banner.

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:04 pm
by wolfe
Image

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:33 pm
by Oompa Midgets
It would be nice to freshen the site up a tad. Both of my helmets suck anyway!

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 pm
by Agitator
Oompa Midgets wrote:Both of my helmets suck anyway!
i might have to add that into my signature.

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:31 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Agitator wrote:
Oompa Midgets wrote:Both of my helmets suck anyway!
i might have to add that into my signature.
Add this to your signature

:double-middle-finger:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 am
by the Man, the Myth...
I like the Punishers banner! Thanks!!

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:39 pm
by wolfe
the Man, the Myth... wrote:I like the Punishers banner! Thanks!!
I think it's my favorite, too. That was probably the easiest one to make and it turned out pretty good.

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Oompa Midgets wrote:It would be nice to freshen the site up a tad. Both of my helmets suck anyway!
Thanks for the banner! I think it would look better with the picture I had on my home page rather than my ugly ass helmet :lol:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 pm
by woody
Image

I like the banners, although the fist logo on mine looks pretty rough. (Nonetheless, I appreicate your efforts!!) Is there anyway you can work this image into it?

I think my favorite is the Cherry Bombs. I like the retro look.