Page 1 of 1

TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 am
by Oompa Midgets
What do you guys think about making one mandatory, and reducing the # of starting RBs to a max of 2?

Should make the game more "realistic" while also adding parity.

Re: TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:19 pm
by wolfe
I'm against making TE's mandatory. I would support limiting RB's to 2.

Re: TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:19 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Why are you against making a TE mandatory? 1 TE and 2 RBs is WAY more normal than 3 RBs and 0 TEs. There are 32 starting TEs so each team could easily have 2 starters. The only thing it would hurt would be our chances of surpassing previous scoring records.

Re: TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 pm
by wolfe
I like the flexibility of our lineup. There are only 5 or 6 good TEs. I don't even see 3 RBs in the starting line up as an advantage.

The Numbers in this league last year:
There were 52 teams last season that started 3 RBs and they won 24 games (46%). 116 teams that started less than 3 RB won 60 games (52%).

The 20 teams that started at least 1 TE had 9 wins (45%). The 148 teams that didn't start a TE had 75 wins (51%)

Re: TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 pm
by Oompa Midgets
That is what I expected from you. Your typical statistical analysis rather than I don't like mandatory TEs. That sounded more like one of my arguments :D

Re: TEs

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:59 pm
by wolfe
Ran the numbers for 2008 and 2007 and the opposite results came up. But I would still vote against forcing a TE into the lineup.

Re: TEs

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm
by the Man, the Myth...
I am not in favor of it being mandatory for a TE to start. The starting line-ups are fine the way they are in my opinion.