Page 1 of 1

McCareins Trade

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:12 am
by wolfe
He was going to leave anyway, so at least we got something out of it.

We got a higher draft pick for J-U-S-T-I-N than the 49er's did for T.O.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:11 pm
by Oompa Midgets
tru dat,
the titans front office has done a great job of shaving under the cap and resigning bulluck, kinney, and bennett to long-term deals...
yeah, we lost a few but we have retainded 20 of our 22 starters!!!
GO TITANS!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:22 am
by Jonathan S.
They tried to work a long term deal for Justin before they worked one for Drew. Justin's agent was big-leagueing Floyd Reese, so they worked one for Drew. This pissed Justin off. If the Eagles weren't so hell-bent on getting T.O. I think we could have gotten their first-round pick for Justin, I think that it is at 28, right after the Titans. I still don't like this trade. I would rather have had Justin over Drew. Calico, "Edward Skillet-Hands," can't catch a cold. The other thing that I don't particularly care for is that we gave Pennington a potential superstar, if not at least another weapon (within the conference no less.)