Page 1 of 1

Parity!?!?!?

Posted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:50 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i have noticed in a few keeper leagues where teams are only allowed to keep a player for a certain period of time, say 3 years...
it keeps everyone interested, stopping owners from quiting bc of "stacked" teams, and with our newly added playoffs for pick position it would make things very interesting...
if the owners were interested in this i guess we would have to start at the point in which this was decided!
for instance i could only keep culpepper for 3 more seasons....

what do u other owners think about this idea??????????
in the 1st league we have had the same top 3 teams the last two seasons ,and in MTFFL 2 we have had three of the same owners in the playoffs the first two seasons!!!

of course, maybe we are just better at coaching fantasy football :lol:

Posted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:08 pm
by wolfe
That is certainly feasible with the FLM software. We can specify any contract length and there are other options with player contracts, too.

I tried to start up a third MTFFL league last summer that would have used player contracts, but no one seemed to go for it.

It definitely makes it more interesting when you have top tier players forced into the draft after three years.

But I would prefer to make the contract retroactive! Anyone who has had a player for 3 years or more must release him. That means I would lose Tomlinson and Ray Lewis from my team! It hurts, but I think it would make it more fun.

Good luck on getting this passed! You'll need it!

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:24 am
by Jonathan S.
No fucking way...RETROACTIVE...my ass.

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:51 am
by Oompa Midgets
i don't like the retroactive part, but i would be willing to begin it this season!!!

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:55 pm
by wolfe
Remember this is coming from the #1 & #2 teams from last year.

Any other opinions?

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:06 am
by Jonathan S.
Retroactive my ass; thanks a lot Jeff for that brilliant idea. People have made moves in this league relying on that fact that they would have their chosen 7 frozen players. I didn't trade away my first round pick so that I could disassemble my team. You can't make it fucking retoractive at the snap of a finger.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:23 am
by wolfe
Snap of a finger? I'm sure you are aware that the rules of the league prevent this from happening. You're constantly trying to paint me as a dictator, but that is far from the truth.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:46 am
by Jonathan S.
You're the dictator of instigators. How's that? Did I paint a pretty picture?

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:33 am
by thechosenone
the only dicktator i see is the midget, who is trying to make the league into his stalin like league...whooooo