Page 1 of 1

Expensive Cardboard

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:55 pm
by wolfe
I have a 1990 Jay Bellamy card for sell! Who wants it?

I priced some old football cards I found on beckett.com. A collection of late 70's and 1981 cards that I have are supposed to be worth $187 (342 cards). Including Ron Jaworski, Herman Edwards, Jim Haslett, Steve Largent and a bunch of other players that I can't remember right now.

My collection of 1990 Pro Set cards is worth about $75. While my set of University of Tennessee 100 year celebration cards are up to about $55. The UT cards are a complete set and even include a fancy white folder! Come on the fancy white folder has to be at least $10!

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:17 pm
by Agitator
how long did it take to price 342 cards?

and is it free to use their site?

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:02 am
by Jonathan S.
At one time I had three Dan Marino rookie cards.

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:07 am
by wolfe
You can sign up free at beckett.com and you that will allow you to select all the cards you own. The cards can be grouped together then it gives you a total for the group.

I think you can pay as low as $3.99 per sport to get the actual cost per card and be allowed to buy and sell cards from other users. I don't think you are able to change the quantity of cards you own with a free account, everything is 1.

It took me maybe 2-3 hours total to enter my cards. You can select the year and manufacturer then it lists all cards in that set and you just have to check the boxes beside the cards that have.