Bengals: Johnson staying for five years
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:29 pm
News
Bengals running back Rudi Johnson made it clear all offseason that he didn't want to play the 2005 season under a one-year deal. Thanks to his new five-year, $26 million contract, he won't have to. ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that the two sides agreed to the deal Tuesday evening, allowing Cincinnati to use the franchise tag on other players in future years if they chose to. "I'm glad we got it over," Johnson told Clayton after the negotiations were concluded. "I didn't want to be on one-year contracts. Now I know where I'm going to be for the next five years. I'm glad this finally came true." He replaced Corey Dillon in the Bengals' backfield last season and ran for a franchise-record 1,454 yards. He also had 12 touchdowns and was named to his first Pro-Bowl.
YEAH for me!!!
Bengals running back Rudi Johnson made it clear all offseason that he didn't want to play the 2005 season under a one-year deal. Thanks to his new five-year, $26 million contract, he won't have to. ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that the two sides agreed to the deal Tuesday evening, allowing Cincinnati to use the franchise tag on other players in future years if they chose to. "I'm glad we got it over," Johnson told Clayton after the negotiations were concluded. "I didn't want to be on one-year contracts. Now I know where I'm going to be for the next five years. I'm glad this finally came true." He replaced Corey Dillon in the Bengals' backfield last season and ran for a franchise-record 1,454 yards. He also had 12 touchdowns and was named to his first Pro-Bowl.
YEAH for me!!!