Workman's Execution

Politics. Music. Movies. TV. Rants. Ravings. Nudity. Oddballity.
Post Reply

If a person's actions in a crime lead to another's death, without that person actually killing said individual, should they be charged with capital murder?

Yes
0
No votes
No
6
100%
 
Total votes: 6

bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Workman's Execution

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

There seemed to be a lot of evidence against Phillip Workman's gun being the one that killed that officer back in 1981. People seem to think executing him even though he may not have fired the fatal shot is justified. They claim that since he robbed that Wendy's and those events led to the death of another human being he is guilty of murder. I see the logic, but don't think I agree with it.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I don't know the details of the case, but I think executions should be reserved for people directly responsible for violent acts.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

You know how I vote on this one.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: Workman's Execution

Post by Agitator »

bilyeuofbaxter wrote:They claim that since he robbed that Wendy's and those events led to the death of another human being he is guilty of murder.

i don't know all the facts in the case either but i now see why everyone was so up in arms about this case being given the death penalty.

there is a very fine line for what actions cause what results.

wolfe wrote:I think executions should be reserved for people directly responsible for violent acts.
we agree again!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

i vote NO...

just punch him in the nutsack repeatedly after plucking his pubes
Post Reply