Keeper Position Limit?

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Then exercise your right to vote against it if it comes to a vote.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by wolfe »

Another pugnacious outburst by Smallwood. Your objection has been noted.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by wagordy »

Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?

:lol:
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

I would vote against it as well. I agree with Jonathon. We have 7 keepers and we should be allowed to dispense those however we may choose. If anything were to change, I would prefer a limit on the length of time you can have a player. Whether it be 3 years or whatever. That would essentially do the same thing you proposed Anthony and make the draft "more interesting". Someone would either have to trade Peyton Manning or just drop him to be taken in the draft etc etc. Doing things this way would add all sorts of different dimensions to the game.
...The Legend
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by wagordy »

Oompa Midgets wrote:
wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?

:lol:
And Bingo was his name-o!

That and I like the league how it is really. But if it was implemented I wouldnt be too upset.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Jonathan S. »

Oompa Midgets wrote:Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
Yeah, your proposal would only make this league more competitive for you...enjoy your dominance and sorry that we're not up to the challenge of competing against the Oompas.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by woody »

I like it, mainly because I've always been shallow at RB. It's taken me 3-4 years to get one or two halfway decent RBs. It's frustrating to see someone who is fairly deep at that position freeze 4-5 of them year after year, despite the fact that you can't start that many. On the other hand, I understand that everyone has equal ability to draft well and hold on to players who perform consistently, but in the interest of a more competitive league, I'm open to making some type of change.

What about setting some sort of freeze limit that is commensurate (sp?) with how many players can be started in any one position? I.e. a team can only freeze one QB, since you cannot start more than one QB...
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
Post Reply