OFFENSIVE YARDS???

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

OFFENSIVE YARDS???

Post by Jonathan S. »

Why the fuck should offensive yards be the first tie breaker??!!?? Scores are not based on offensive yards!
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

Scores are not based on offensive yards?
They're not?
How can you say that?
Players get .1 point for every 3 yards passing and .1 point for every 1 yard rushing or receiving.

Where were your comments earlier in the week when this discussion was started? Why are you waiting until 4 days later to start arguing your ideas?
All you have said so far is
1 - you didn't want to split the money
2 - the league has 12 members (duh)
3 - use BCS standings to determine break the tie

That's hardly an arguement against offensive yards as a tiebreaker.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

I was just in the bathroom thinking that I made a stupid comment, and was hoping to leave this reply before your BOTHERSOME ASS got to it and ripped it apart. I realize that offensive yards figure into our scoring, what I was trying to say is that in real life offensive yards are not tallied on scoreboards. However, I realize that this is not real life. Earlier in the week my comments were against offensive yards, but that post seems to have eluded your little quote listing. Quote #3 stated "Whoever finishes higher in the BCS should go to the SEC championship game," trying to lighten things up, not what you have edited to your own interest above. Quote #2, stated a response to Anthony's opionion that offensive yards was a done deal; it was referring that although it was 3 to 1 in favor at that time, I quickly reminded him that the league has 12 members and 8 votes were necessary to pass a substantive issue. Quote #1, is totally wrong, I said: "Most offensive points is right out! No way; I would rather split the money. Get your fucking quotes correct and stop editing and taking them out of fucking context. Convince me why offensive yards should be the first tiebreaker. For years Will have been saying use total touchdowns, I have agreed with him, what's the problem with total touchdowns?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

It's simple. Just vote No.

How about a serious counter proposal in case this one doesn't pass?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I think you are both withces and should burn.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

I did vote no. The lady above turned Dave into a Newt.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

Damn, I was just looking at that picture and that witch is pretty hot. Not a pun, she's just attractive.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Damn right!!!
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

i was in no way saying that was a done deal so get ur shit straight...
i was merely throwing out a suggestion which u seem to not be able to do...all u want to do is bitch...i just felt like that with 6 offensive players yardage would in no possible way be a tie (isn't that what we are trying to avoid?), but i later thought about it, some teams defensive players have carried them all season (check out the Hedgehogs)...if not for his defense he would be like 3-8 instead of 8-3...so that tiebreaker prob isn't fair to teams in that regards bc defense does win championships...total tds is okay, but what after that since that is the most likely thing we could have to be tied also!!!!!!!!!!!!HOW ABOUT WHOEVER WON THEIR GAME DURING THE REGULAR SEASON???
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

What if it is between divison foes?
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
Post Reply