Suspensions etc.

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
Post Reply
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Suspensions etc.

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

This is what is posted in our league rules about players being listed as "out"......

Each team may place a player on Injured Reserve (IR) when that player is listed as OUT by the NFL's official injury report (http://www.nfl.com/injuries). Players listed as Probable, Questionable or Doubtful will not be allowed to go on IR.
Players on IR do not count against the Roster Limit.


I have someone....who shall remain unnamed...playing hall monitor and sending me e-mails telling me that Chad Johnson is not hurt so he cant be on IR. According to our rules he can be placed on IR and do not remember an votes to change this rule at our draft. There doesnt seem to be any exceptions listed either. Mr Commish, could we please have a ruling on this matter??
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Suspensions etc.

Post by wolfe »

Our league rules say that players can only be placed on IR if they are injured. MFL changed the way they post player designations which included injuries and suspensions.

Refer to this post from September 16, 2008:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2097

The spirit of the rule for Injured Reserve is that a player needs to be injured to be on IR. Suspended players have never been allowed on IR.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Suspensions etc.

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Thank your for the clarification....I will admit I was in the wrong.



P.S. as for the "hall monitor"....you mentioned that my free agent pick up of Wilifork was illegal since the deactivation of Johnson was illegal. If you want to keep your job as the "hall monitor" you might want to get your facts straight. The deactivation of Johnson did not clear room for Wilifork. I only had 24 players on my roster before any moves with Johnson or Wilifork were made, therefore making the move legal after all. Get your shit right if you want to bust someones chops!!!
...The Legend
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Suspensions etc.

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I was just messing with you since I went through the same thing! Am I gonna let you have a competitive advantage, HELL NO!

I was wrong about Wilfork. I just assumed the move was illegal because you put CJ on IR and immediately added Wilfork. I didn't bother going to look at your roster. That is the commish's job :wink:
Post Reply