Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Quick! Someone get the men in the white coats! The Commish is in serious mental trouble! Hes not stable!! Hes traded away the #1 scoring QB and the #3 scoring RB to the same team!! He needs our help! Maybe hes just rebuilding like the Hogs, but I thought you kept your best players to do that!! :eek:
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by wolfe »

eh, there are still other quarterbacks available. And I felt it was worth it to get 1.03 and a 2nd rounder since I didn't have one. Besides, do you really want to Midget to have 4 first round picks?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

wolfe wrote:eh, there are still other quarterbacks available. And I felt it was worth it to get 1.03 and a 2nd rounder since I didn't have one. Besides, do you really want to Midget to have 4 first round picks?
Its your team so Im not trying to tell you what to do with your players. But, to answer your question:

1a) Rodgers is a first round pick so he used that first rounder on Rodgers.

1b.) He can have all the first rounders he wants. They dont always pan out(see James Davis last year, went 1:05 in this league and 1:01 in the first league. McFadden,Bush, and whoever else you can name could also go here.). Maybe he would have picked a player that wound up being a bust.

Just MHO. :lol:
...The Legend
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:Quick! Someone get the men in the white coats! The Commish is in serious mental trouble! Hes not stable!! Hes traded away the #1 scoring QB and the #3 scoring RB to the same team!! He needs our help! Maybe hes just rebuilding like the Hogs, but I thought you kept your best players to do that!! :eek:
Don't forget I traded away Aaron Rodgers towads Adrian Peterson :twisted:
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:eh, there are still other quarterbacks available. And I felt it was worth it to get 1.03 and a 2nd rounder since I didn't have one. Besides, do you really want to Midget to have 4 first round picks?
Yeah, now I only have the #2 scorer in '09, get Jahvid Best and still have 2 late 1st round picks :twisted:
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Who wants Ryan Matthews with the #1 pick?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:
wolfe wrote:eh, there are still other quarterbacks available. And I felt it was worth it to get 1.03 and a 2nd rounder since I didn't have one. Besides, do you really want to Midget to have 4 first round picks?
Its your team so Im not trying to tell you what to do with your players. But, to answer your question:

1a) Rodgers is a first round pick so he used that first rounder on Rodgers.

1b.) He can have all the first rounders he wants. They dont always pan out(see James Davis last year, went 1:05 in this league and 1:01 in the first league. McFadden,Bush, and whoever else you can name could also go here.). Maybe he would have picked a player that wound up being a bust.

Just MHO. :lol:
1a) He would have been picked #2 if not #1 had he been available!

1b) I tend to agree, but the Bitter Midgets don't waste draft picks :wink:
Post Reply