2012 Draft Day
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
So I think I'll go ahead and set the draft date for 2pm on the 18th. Then everyone can figure out if they are going to remote or auto draft. For the people that are available, we'll figure out if and where we can meet together.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: 2012 Draft Day
Home page has MTFFL II Saturday the 19th...and MTFFL Sunday the 18th....
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
Depends on the location. I work on saturdays.wolfe wrote:So I think I'll go ahead and set the draft date for 2pm on the 18th. Then everyone can figure out if they are going to remote or auto draft. For the people that are available, we'll figure out if and where we can meet together.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
Depends on where we're having it. I'm typically off work around 1 pm on saturday. I can do it on my phone if we're going remote.
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: 2012 Draft Day
midget has almost 25% of the first 40 picks, he will be done drafting in an hour
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
Draft day is scheduled for Saturday, August 18 @ 2pm CT
Only three of us have indicated that we can make it in person. http://www.mtffl.com/draft-scheduler.php Clement (Rolling Thunder) has told me that he will do the auto-draft. Since only a few people are available, that means we will be having the first 100% remote draft.
Since we won't be in the same room together,
I'm going to be strict about time limits for picks.
Especially in the first few rounds. If you aren't logged in to the Live Draft Room (http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2012/ajax_ld?L=26298) when the draft starts I will put you on Auto draft.
If there is a threat of losing your internet connection (which is everyone, really) I encourage you to set up your Draft List (For Owners->My Draft List http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 6298&O=129). And it is important to set up your Draft Preferences to select which positions you want to draft in each round (My Draft Preferences http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 6298&O=151)
The draft list is ordered by average draft position (ADP) and then alphabetical. Since we use individual defensive players, it is likely that auto-draft may select multiple kickers before selecting defensive players. Or it might select the first alphabetical player. There are 1918 players listed in MyFantasyLeague database. Only 385 available players are ranked by ADP. Less that 1/3 of those players are defensive players so chances are auto-draft will not draft a defensive player if you don't set it up correctly.
My phone number is on the MyFantasyLeague site (http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =0001&O=01 - you can only see it if you are logged in). Call me if you have any Internet problems. Otherwise, I will put you on auto-draft if you are not present online.
Only three of us have indicated that we can make it in person. http://www.mtffl.com/draft-scheduler.php Clement (Rolling Thunder) has told me that he will do the auto-draft. Since only a few people are available, that means we will be having the first 100% remote draft.
Since we won't be in the same room together,
I'm going to be strict about time limits for picks.
Especially in the first few rounds. If you aren't logged in to the Live Draft Room (http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2012/ajax_ld?L=26298) when the draft starts I will put you on Auto draft.
If there is a threat of losing your internet connection (which is everyone, really) I encourage you to set up your Draft List (For Owners->My Draft List http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 6298&O=129). And it is important to set up your Draft Preferences to select which positions you want to draft in each round (My Draft Preferences http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 6298&O=151)
The draft list is ordered by average draft position (ADP) and then alphabetical. Since we use individual defensive players, it is likely that auto-draft may select multiple kickers before selecting defensive players. Or it might select the first alphabetical player. There are 1918 players listed in MyFantasyLeague database. Only 385 available players are ranked by ADP. Less that 1/3 of those players are defensive players so chances are auto-draft will not draft a defensive player if you don't set it up correctly.
My phone number is on the MyFantasyLeague site (http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =0001&O=01 - you can only see it if you are logged in). Call me if you have any Internet problems. Otherwise, I will put you on auto-draft if you are not present online.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
I likely won't be logged into the live draft room the entire time because I'm using my phone. currently don't have internet access at my home. I will however make my picks on time because I get the draft notifications via email so I know when it's my turn.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
OK, as long as you know this method works. Never tried it that way before.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Draft Day
Yes, I've already done so in my dynasty league, and have two other leagues going on right now in which I'm part of a coaching staff.