Your mission, should you choose to accept it...
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
The Nashville Tennessean reports Falcons GM Rich McKay told a team official last night that the team was exiting the bidding for free-agent QB Billy Volek, and McKay then released a statement to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that ''enough was enough.'' Neither Volek nor his agent, Ken Staninger, returned calls last night.
Titans GM Floyd Reese said last night that no deal had been reached with Volek, but that the two sides were closing in on an agreement. ''I got a counter proposal (yesterday) that I'm looking at,'' Reese said. ''It looks like something we could live with, so we'll keep at it.'' Volek said this week that he preferred to stay with the Titans. However, that sentiment likely cost him a little money.
ONE LESS COMPETITOR AGAINST US TO RE-SIGN VOLEK!!!!!!!
Titans GM Floyd Reese said last night that no deal had been reached with Volek, but that the two sides were closing in on an agreement. ''I got a counter proposal (yesterday) that I'm looking at,'' Reese said. ''It looks like something we could live with, so we'll keep at it.'' Volek said this week that he preferred to stay with the Titans. However, that sentiment likely cost him a little money.
ONE LESS COMPETITOR AGAINST US TO RE-SIGN VOLEK!!!!!!!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Titans: Volek re-signs for four years
THE NEWS
Billy Volek is staying put. The ! Titans re-signed ! their backup quarterback Monday night to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year. The deal will pay Volek $6.8 million in the four years, according to the Associated Press.
OUR VIEW
There goes the last decent quarterback on the free agent market. There was no doubt Volek wanted to stay in Tennessee even after the Bills made a strong push and the Falcons offered more money. The Steve McNair/Volek duo is one of the strongest team quarterbacks in fantasy football.
WE KEEP VOLEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now we don't have to worry about quarterback for 4 years!
THE NEWS
Billy Volek is staying put. The ! Titans re-signed ! their backup quarterback Monday night to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year. The deal will pay Volek $6.8 million in the four years, according to the Associated Press.
OUR VIEW
There goes the last decent quarterback on the free agent market. There was no doubt Volek wanted to stay in Tennessee even after the Bills made a strong push and the Falcons offered more money. The Steve McNair/Volek duo is one of the strongest team quarterbacks in fantasy football.
WE KEEP VOLEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now we don't have to worry about quarterback for 4 years!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans want to sign former free-agent DT Glen Steele (Bengals), it's just a matter of whether or not they can pull off a deal with the six-year pro. GM Floyd Reese and Steele's agent, Ken Kremer, have had numerous discussions since Steele visited the Titans on April 1. But the Titans remain snug against the salary cap, which makes signing players difficult. ''Where it goes from here I'm not sure yet,'' Reese said. Reese also continues to talk with the agent for S Scott McGarrahan, but so far the two sides haven't been able to reach an agreement.
i looked this player up on nfl.com and he doesn't seem to be very impressive.......
he is 6-3 300 lbs, but
over the last 6 years he only has 68 tackles....about 11 tackles a YEAR!
I HOPE WE PASS ON HIM.......McGarrahan was a bigger part of our defense last year ......hw had 36 tackles and 1 sack (which isn't much, but we need good db's)
i looked this player up on nfl.com and he doesn't seem to be very impressive.......
he is 6-3 300 lbs, but
over the last 6 years he only has 68 tackles....about 11 tackles a YEAR!
I HOPE WE PASS ON HIM.......McGarrahan was a bigger part of our defense last year ......hw had 36 tackles and 1 sack (which isn't much, but we need good db's)
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
The Nashville Tennessean reports when contacted late yesterday, Titans DT Albert Haynesworth said he was a no-show because he had the wrong dates on his own personal schedule. The Titans practiced yesterday, and will practice again tomorrow, part of 14 days of voluntary organized team activities this offseason. ''I thought practice was (today) and (tomorrow) and I planned on being there. I wasn't planning on missing any OTAs (organized team activities), but I missed this one, so I guess I thought wrong,'' Haynesworth said. ''But I am on my way back. I'll be there (today).'' Haynesworth said he was in North Carolina visiting a family member who is ill. When informed of the negative reaction of some of his teammates, Haynesworth said he plans to handle things in person. ''I'm not putting anything in the paper saying 'Sorry' or anything like that,'' he said. ''I'll talk to them when I get there, that's all I have to say.''
WILL HE EVER LIVE UP TO THE DRAFT POSITION WE TOOK HIM AT
he causes tooooooo much turmoil with everyone
WILL HE EVER LIVE UP TO THE DRAFT POSITION WE TOOK HIM AT
he causes tooooooo much turmoil with everyone
Last edited by Agitator on Wed May 05, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Hell no; he won't live up to it. As I have stated before, all he cares about is: going back to Knoxville and showing off his bling-bling. Haynesworth stated that he would be in the Pro-Bowl this year. What a fucking joke. Play Rien Long, at least he's out of the doghouse, and has been around all offseason. McNair was pissed off. Go to:
http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/arc ... D=50786940
http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/arc ... D=50786940
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.