Pre-draft Super Bowl predictions
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Yes, Scott, I have a degree. But it's not like I finished with flying colors! (What the fuck are flying colors anyway?)
I had to go to azcardinals.com to figure out who the Cards QB's were. McCown and Blake. I don't see them as Super Bowl QB's (but then again, who saw Delhomme before last year?) The Cards have some building blocks at WR and RB and a decent defense, but there are definitely stronger NFC teams than Arizona. But they have Denny Green now, so they may turn their shit around.
I had to go to azcardinals.com to figure out who the Cards QB's were. McCown and Blake. I don't see them as Super Bowl QB's (but then again, who saw Delhomme before last year?) The Cards have some building blocks at WR and RB and a decent defense, but there are definitely stronger NFC teams than Arizona. But they have Denny Green now, so they may turn their shit around.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Decent defense? I just looked up AZ's defensive stats from 2003. Next to last in the NFC in yards and dead last in the conference in points. (Hey, what do I know?) The Cards will need a huge improvement on D to make it to the Super Bowl.
I think Arizona has a lot of cap room, so they should probably look to sign Kurt Warner and hope that he can connect with Boldin. God Dammit, Anthony, why are you making me research the Cardinals so much! They signed Shawn King, so now they have three career backup losers - King, McCown & Blake.
Just because they have the league all-time leading rusher doesn't mean that he will be able to help them - or that he will even start. Green has already said that Shipp is the starter. But look for Smith to push him during camp.
I'm amazed at my typing ability at 12:30 in the morning (thanks to the inventor of the backspace key - Thanks Greg Sniper!) I gotta go to Louisville in the morning so see ya!
I think Arizona has a lot of cap room, so they should probably look to sign Kurt Warner and hope that he can connect with Boldin. God Dammit, Anthony, why are you making me research the Cardinals so much! They signed Shawn King, so now they have three career backup losers - King, McCown & Blake.
Just because they have the league all-time leading rusher doesn't mean that he will be able to help them - or that he will even start. Green has already said that Shipp is the starter. But look for Smith to push him during camp.
I'm amazed at my typing ability at 12:30 in the morning (thanks to the inventor of the backspace key - Thanks Greg Sniper!) I gotta go to Louisville in the morning so see ya!
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC