Watch This!

Politics. Music. Movies. TV. Rants. Ravings. Nudity. Oddballity.
Post Reply
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Watch This!

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

That was a very good clip. But it still doesn't change my mind. I'm still voting for Kerry. I don't like Kerry, but I like him more than Bush.

I think what explains Kerry's change of views could be described as evolution of thinking or informed decision making. AKA changing his mind. There is nothing wrong with discovering facts that may persuade you to support a different position. But what still drives be crazy is that Kerry won't admit that he ever had a different position on Iraq. Just as Bush has never admitted that he has ever made a mistake (despite a consistent history of business failures). I thought that Republicans were the fiscally responsible party, but Bush has never been responsible - or accountable - for anything in his life. No one in his White House is accountable for what they do.

For fairness sake, here are some sites where Bush flip-flops on civil liberties, states rights, science...:
http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp ... VF&b=42263
http://www.jamesglaser.org/2004/p20040406.html
Warning: DNC site http://www.democrats.org/specialreports ... flipflops/

As always this election is really about the lesser of two evils.
Since both canidates are pro-War in Iraq, answer these questions and decide how you are going to vote this November:
Do you want a president that believes in science?
Do you want to use stem cell research to at least try to cure some diseases?
Do you want a president that actaully reads the newspaper?
Do you want to relax taxes on large corporations and very wealthy Americans?
Do you believe in states rights?
Post Reply