Titans 2005 third-round CB Rich Gardner is in danger of getting cut.
Gardner couldn't crack the third-team defense in OTAs, lining up behind seventh-rounder Cortland Finnegan. The Titans are dangerously thin at corner. Jul. 25 - 10:21 am et
Source: Nashville City Paper
waste of a 3rd round pick!!!
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
From the Tennessean today:
Feeling fast: Cornerback Rich Gardner said he has been a regular participant in the offseason training program since he was drafted in 2004.
This year, instead of getting bigger and stronger, he tried to get smaller and faster.
He said he's lost 10 pounds since February. He reported to camp at 192 pounds.
"I'm much quicker on the field," he said. "Now I'm much lighter and much quicker but I can handle a lot of things."
Gardner played 13 games last season and recorded 12 tackles on special teams, but none on defense. Currently he's working with the second-team defense.
"Rich is steadily improving," Fisher said.
Feeling fast: Cornerback Rich Gardner said he has been a regular participant in the offseason training program since he was drafted in 2004.
This year, instead of getting bigger and stronger, he tried to get smaller and faster.
He said he's lost 10 pounds since February. He reported to camp at 192 pounds.
"I'm much quicker on the field," he said. "Now I'm much lighter and much quicker but I can handle a lot of things."
Gardner played 13 games last season and recorded 12 tackles on special teams, but none on defense. Currently he's working with the second-team defense.
"Rich is steadily improving," Fisher said.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.