For those that are voting "no", I hope you realize that there will probably not be ANY live stats this season if we don't change websites.
If that's the way the vote results go, then so be it. But I don't see any way to automate the updates on gameday this season. There doesn't seem to be enough interest by third parties to continue developing a separate piece of software to do the update. And as long as Sideline Software is running MyFantasyLeague.com they will never add an auto update function in the FFLM software.
Vote "no" if you want to. I just want to make sure you understand what will be missing if we don't switch to MyFantasyLeague.com
2006 MyFantasyLeague
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
i have a baby boy on the way and i may not have as much time as the previous years....
i don't care if we go to the other site, but i just don't want to have to figure out the layout of another site.
can you not set this site up to update every 30 minutes to an hour?
i don't care if we go to the other site, but i just don't want to have to figure out the layout of another site.
can you not set this site up to update every 30 minutes to an hour?
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
C'mon, Mick. You're smart guy. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out another site.
Let me explain this again. The FLM software does not have a built in auto update feature. On gameday I have to 1) manually import the latest transactions - from an e-mail that I configured mtffl.com to send me. 2) Then starting lineups have to be manually imported into the program - from another e-mail. 3) Then, the stats have to be manually downloaded. 4) Then the web pages with the updated stats have to be uploaded to the mtffl.com web site.
It's a fairly tricky process even when I do it manually. In years past, other FLM users have developed clumsy little programs to try to automate these steps. Last year's version was really flaky. Each year everyone is gradually switching to FLM and there is less interest in developing these 3rd party programs. This year I don't see anyone that has updated their programs yet and the FLM program has subtle changes each year. Last years "auto" program won't work with the 2006 version of FLM.
Even if someone does come out with an updated "auto" program, it will still be subject to constant failures. I have never promised - and never will - live updates. It's just too complex. If you want live stats we have to switch. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait until late Sunday night or Monday morning to see the scores.
Let me explain this again. The FLM software does not have a built in auto update feature. On gameday I have to 1) manually import the latest transactions - from an e-mail that I configured mtffl.com to send me. 2) Then starting lineups have to be manually imported into the program - from another e-mail. 3) Then, the stats have to be manually downloaded. 4) Then the web pages with the updated stats have to be uploaded to the mtffl.com web site.
It's a fairly tricky process even when I do it manually. In years past, other FLM users have developed clumsy little programs to try to automate these steps. Last year's version was really flaky. Each year everyone is gradually switching to FLM and there is less interest in developing these 3rd party programs. This year I don't see anyone that has updated their programs yet and the FLM program has subtle changes each year. Last years "auto" program won't work with the 2006 version of FLM.
Even if someone does come out with an updated "auto" program, it will still be subject to constant failures. I have never promised - and never will - live updates. It's just too complex. If you want live stats we have to switch. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait until late Sunday night or Monday morning to see the scores.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
-
bilyeuofbaxter
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
- Name: David Bilyeu
- MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
- Location: Milky Way Galaxy
This is stupid. Screw you guys. This will be much easier on Jeff and improve our stat viewing abilities. Do you cunt bags have to update these stats, NO. If I was the commish and had to do all that stuff I would have not even asked. By the way here are the arguments against this move
1) it would be annoying to switch URL's
2) I don't want to learn a new layout
3) vote no
what a bunch of dumbassery.

1) it would be annoying to switch URL's
2) I don't want to learn a new layout
3) vote no
what a bunch of dumbassery.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.