http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/inde ... _well_id=2
"Did you get to choose your number while you were there?
I just found out I’ll be able to wear number 27. They were thinking about retiring it for Eddie George. I told the Titans’ staff that out of respect for Eddie George, I wanted to talk to him and ask his permission to wear the number. He went to Ohio State, and I obviously went to Texas, so I wasn’t sure what was going to happen [laughing], but it went through. He is going to let me wear it, so I’m going to try and wear it with pride and represent that number."
Griffin to wear #27
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Griffin to wear #27
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
wolfe wrote:Eddie's number shouldn't be retired. (and he shouldn't be in the NFL HoF)
He was a very good running back for a long time, but not worthy of retiring the number. What next? Retiring #89? Ridiculous.
AMEN !!! i actually agree with you! eddie was good for a few years, but by no means is he a HOFer
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
-
bilyeuofbaxter
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
- Name: David Bilyeu
- MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
- Location: Milky Way Galaxy
I have to disagree about the number being retired. Eddie George will not make the HOF, but that is a different case than having your # retired. He was the best player on the field for most of the early years this franchise was here. Steve McNair benefited much from facing a lot of 3rd and 2's and 3rd and 3's. Eddie ranks 18th all-time for rushing yards. Every person above him is either in the HOF or will be in the HOF (except maybe Corey Dillon and Tiki Barber). I'm not saying he definitely needs his number retired, but it does warrant some thought.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
I concur with David. Fans had a special relationship with Eddie. Remember the chants? Those were the days. He also was and continues to be an observed member in the Nashville community.
I would like to see his name and number somewhere in LP Field, but they may not happen now.
I would like to see his name and number somewhere in LP Field, but they may not happen now.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Jonathan S. wrote: Remember the chants? Those were the days.
remember the chants for Drew? should he get his number retired also?
eddie was good in his prime, but a HOFer doesn't get cut by a number of different teams and then has to retire because no one will sign him.
it wasn't his decision to retire....his body broke down and couldn't find work.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
what do u expect from a 30-year old RB that was run into the ground???Agitator wrote:it wasn't his decision to retire....his body broke down and couldn't find work.Jonathan S. wrote: Remember the chants? Those were the days.
His career totals include 10,441 rushing yards, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards, and 78 touchdowns(68 rushing and 10 receiving).
i think the Titans should think about a "ring of honor" for players like eddie, air, wycheck, etc.....
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact: