Ducks

For non-NFL sports. As if they mattered.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Ducks

Post by wolfe »

If the Ducks win a championship and no one watched, does it count?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I watched. Why do people get such a thrill ripping on hockey. Does it make them feel superior that the sports they like are more popular than other sports?
Last edited by bilyeuofbaxter on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

Why do you get so defensive that the public in general doesn't care about your favorite sport?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I don't get defensive because the gp doesn't like hockey. Why take shots? I don't watch soccer, nascar or wnba, but I don't feel it necessary to take shots at those sports on message boards. The aloof, my dad can beat up your dad aspect of posts such as the one above, is what I get defensive about.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

I saw this quote on my google homepage today and it made me think of your earlier post Commish.

"Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places."
- E. Joseph Crossman
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I don't talk about soccer, NASCAR or women's basketball because there are very few posts on this message board about those topics. I'm just posting about things that people care about here.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I'm not fat. I'm just getting fat.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

It's ok. I'm fat and narrow minded also. I think mainly you're catching my wrath from the assbags that post on the Tennessean message boards daily. These people are pitching tents that the Preds may be leaving town and they have no good reason to wish for the exodus. They just have no life and other's suffering makes them feel better.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

A lot of the posts that I read on Tennessean's web site are from people who aren't hockey fans and want it to go away. That's a huge waste of time and energy. Just ignore it and get on with your life.

I'm in the minority of Predators fans in believing that moving the franchise would help the NHL. The league expanded too much and I think it is in trouble. The TV ratings are a sign of waning interest. If the league were to cut back to 24 teams they could concentrate some of the talent and I think interest would increase. Hockey isn't like football or basketball. Very few sports fans know who these players are when they first enter the league. Who are the superstars in the league? Hard core hockey fans are important, but more casual fans would improve the league. The casual NHL fans are gone.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

quack quack, quack, quack quack quack quack
Post Reply