I know the Titans were looking for DL help but WOW! Did we need 5? I guess they want to make sure 2-3 of them actually are going to turn into something. Drafting Troupe shows that we are going to continue running the 2TE/single back offense for a long time. But who is going to be our RB? Word on the street says that Eddie is going to be a cap casualty on June 1. and I'm worried that the Titans didn't take a serious look at a replacement RB. They ignored several worthy men in favor of drafting DL. We'll probably end up using a running back by committee approach this year with Brown and Holcombe ... unless we are able to re-sign Eddie after we cut him.
A few people are saying that with the Titans offense, Troupe is the player - in the whole draft - that may have the biggest impact in his first year. He may get 50-60 catches his first year.
Overall I'll give them a B- for address some key needs, but ignoring the RB problem.
B-
Titans Draft Grade
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
I love the Troupe pick. I love the Fleming pick. I don't understand why we drafted a second FB. Word on the street now is that Eddie will be back. He is not budging on his contract because he fears he will meet the demise of Randal Godfrey, regnegotiate and then get cut. Eddie wants another 1,000 yard season to perhaps make the hall of fame, where else would be better than in Nashville? Maybe Eddie can swallow some pride, and the Titans will make it work.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
A!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beginning to love this year's draft. After watching the local news' sports shows. I am impressed with each of these DLs. The LaBoy kid is fast. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a disappointment like Philly's Mike Mamula. The Odom kid out of Tuscaloosa is a monster at DE, 6'5" 275lbs. Randy Starks out of Maryland was an absolute steal. I just saw Bubba Miller, former UT and Philly OLineman, on Channel 2, and he says that Starks will be starting by mid-season. Bye-bye Fat Albert, he's in Fisher's doghouse again. He's doing the only thing he cares about right now, going back to Knoxville and showing off his bling-bling. He will report out of shape again this year. I trust Bubba's opinions, I've listened to him alot over the past year and a half on several different media outlets. He also says that the Titans and Eddie will work out something; I hope he's right. Oh yeah, the Schobel kid had what...17 sacks this past year. How will we ever keep all of these DL's? Fleming ran a 4.49 40! He impressed as a running back in the Senior Bowl. Echols is gone, the Waddell, CB, kid out of UNC averaged like 32 yards per punt return last year. The LB out of OSU is a long-snapper. Man what a great draft!!!! Go Titans! I grade it an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! That's just my opinion. I hope you other Titans' fans can get excited about this lot. Floyd, you're a genius! We needed DL help and now we got 5 to choose from.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
i definetly agree with you here j-small......everywhere i've seen had him projected in the high second round of the draft, and we got him in the 3rd round with our 4th pick.......NOT BAD AT ALL!Jonathan S. wrote:Randy Starks out of Maryland was an absolute steal.
i've also heard that he will be huge on the next level.........similar to the freakJonathon S. wrote: The Odom kid out of Tuscaloosa is a monster at DE, 6'5" 275lbs.
do you really think he would be a better runningback than either one of the JONES's, or tatum bell, or michael turner, or julius jones, or mewelde moore (who the vikes got in the 4th round) all of which we could have had?Jonathon S. wrote: Fleming ran a 4.49 40! He impressed as a running back in the Senior Bowl.
overall i like what we did, but we HAD 13 PICKS! we could have done more, maybe i am a product of always having a good team in nashville, but WE COULD HAVE DONE MORE..........however, as it stands, i give us a grade of:
B-
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
I wish you guys would stop whining about a running back. I didn't say that Fleming was the answer at RB; he was a steal in the sixth round though. We need to remember that we still have Eddie, as of now, and they must be planning on keeping him since they didn't get one of the Jones'. We took what we needed and got a stud in Troupe. I love it! Even Kiper gave the Titans an A! He doesn't give out many of those.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
We picked up 3 more RB's after the draft. Including Sweetness Junior, Jarrett Payton.
Kiper gave out 6 perfect grades http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft ... id=1789466
This link was down when I posted it, so I haven't even seen Mel's list.
Kiper gave out 6 perfect grades http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft ... id=1789466
This link was down when I posted it, so I haven't even seen Mel's list.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC