I guess you've noticed the new look by now. (I know some of you are asking why I change the site every fucking year. It's part of my nature. I can't explain it) I'm attempting to make the site more simplified to manage. I didn't think I need a link to every page on the left! This is a more simplified, cleaner look. I'm still improving on it so any opinions are appreciated.
The site is also not as 'smart' as it was before. It used to put your name at the top of every screen when you were logged in. Now it will only do it on certain screens.
The whole site can be divided into 4 regions. Each region may have different menu options. Hopefully this won't become a navigation nightmare.
1) The Smack Room - (mtffl.com/smackroom/) You're here, so you know how to use it. The Smack Room is a PHP Message Board -- too much geek speak? -- it's just a canned software package and I don't try to alter it too much. I can easily modify the header and footer files to change the general look n feel. I've also modified it enought so that The Smack Room controls the Log In/Off of the entire site. It's aware who is logged in, but it doesn't know what your fantasy team is.
2) Team/League Management - (mtffl.com/cgi-bin/) These are the screens where you modify your lineup, pick up free agents, etc. This is the area where I have the most control over team, league and owner info. When you are in this area the "Your Team(s)" and "Your League(s)" menu items will show sub-menu choices. This is the area that will be the 'smartest'. I will add more details to this menu later.
3) FLM Reports - (mtffl.com/reports/) These are the reports that are generated by the FLM program. The same info also supplies the data for the Team/League Management screens. Over the years I've turned FLM into an inexpensive stat provider, but there are still some valuable reports generated by the program that I haven't bothered to duplicate. The menu items on these pages will be greatly simplified so I don't have to change them each year. There are currently almost 700 FLM generated pages.
4) General/Misc Pages - This group includes the rules page and other pages that offer general information.
New Look!
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
What? A positive comment from Smallwood? I expected you to have the first negative post.
Thanks . . . Unless it was a sarcastic remark.
After looking at the logo for a day, I think I'll rework it. I had to stretch and compress it to get it to fit in the letters, so I don't like how the circle is smooshed. It needs to be a circle not an oval.
Thanks . . . Unless it was a sarcastic remark.
After looking at the logo for a day, I think I'll rework it. I had to stretch and compress it to get it to fit in the letters, so I don't like how the circle is smooshed. It needs to be a circle not an oval.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC