scoring addition...

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

scoring addition...

Post by Oompa Midgets »

i think we need to give points for receptions!
i believe u should get half a point for a reception...
i just think it could even out the WRs with the RBs a little...
what do u guys think???
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Post by bstock »

rb's get 1/2 a point for a reception?
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

anyone who makes a reception gets .5 points...
most receivers have more catches than RBs...
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Not sure how I feel about that. I guess I will wait for everyone else to opine, and then I will take the least popular position as usual.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

I think I like that idea.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

another addition suggestion:

kickers are outcasts in our fantasy league, but i know a way to make them more valuable!!!

simply count their yardage of the field goal, and multiply it like our offensive yardage...example (48-yard FG = 4.8 points)

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!
WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK???
kickers are normally worthless, but this would make them more valuable!
i know some teams have gone thru the entire draft w/o drafting a kicker and this would stop that!!!
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Post by bstock »

YOUR A GENIUS!

what about placekickers, the water boy, cheerleaders, and the groundskeeper? how can we get them more valuable?
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

I VOTE for cheerleaders
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

I like adding the distance of the fieldgoal in somehow.. Cheerleaders too... How about the Chain gang... you know they are not being represented like they should ..keeping the chains at the correct distance is very crucial.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

Well, anyway, back to the original subject.

The only thing I don't like about the proposed scoring change is that it breaks a precedence that positions earn different points. Currently all players earn the same points regardless of position.
Post Reply