Keeper Position Limit?
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
I have two thumbs
and I agree with what Mr. Woody says.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
This is a great league because of it being a keeper league among other things. Being able to draft or make trades for the future is an element which makes this league unique. Im torn because out of all things that can be done, I like a "cap" on how long you can keep a player. Doing this I can still forcast whats going to happen in the next couple of years if I want. I do not like position limits at all. If I want to keep 4 or 5 running backs then that should be my perrogative. (wait? a Bobby Brown sighting??) Im not sure we could ever get a majority to agree on any of the plans that have been proposed.
...The Legend
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
I think someone brought up that point, but the only position it would most likely change would be RB. You could still freeze up to 5 WRs. No one keeps more than 1 QB or 2 TEs, Ks, DL, LBs or DBs anyway.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Please let this dumbassery die.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Then what would you complain about?
There is always going to be topic where you are the righteous one and everyone else is a "dumbass" for having a different opinion. I nominate this topic for now. Maybe it will take your energy away from hurling insults elsewhere.
There is always going to be topic where you are the righteous one and everyone else is a "dumbass" for having a different opinion. I nominate this topic for now. Maybe it will take your energy away from hurling insults elsewhere.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
It is not going to happen so quit complaining!Jonathan S. wrote:Please let this dumbassery die.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Here's an insult for you Wolfrey...you're an ASS! Stop playing devil's advocate. I haven't insulted anyone other than you just now.
And as well, lots of times I'm not solitary in my righteousness (as you say); I'm only boisterously determined to burn the witches.
I'm not truly righteous, but this idea is dumbassery. The reasoning behind Anferney's proposal (now pay attention to this part) was because he felt that the league was not competitive enough for him...he told me so...now that's truly an insult.
And as well, lots of times I'm not solitary in my righteousness (as you say); I'm only boisterously determined to burn the witches.
I'm not truly righteous, but this idea is dumbassery. The reasoning behind Anferney's proposal (now pay attention to this part) was because he felt that the league was not competitive enough for him...he told me so...now that's truly an insult.
Last edited by Jonathan S. on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Oompa Midgets wrote:I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.
The issue of competitiveness falls on the owners. I see Anthonys point of better players being in the draft or players moving among teams. It will not matter in my opinion. You might say Im waffling on the idea because I have always supported this change in some sort of fashion. Actually im not...I just understand the reality of it. I have tried very hard to make the Punishers a competitive team. I would think that no one would say Im their "easy" win. Yes Ive been blown out some but its becoming rarer and rarer. I was 0-10 versus the Eagles until last year and I won both times.
What makes it difficult is that sometimes you seem penalized for trying. I end up around .500 every year and end up picking 7th or 8th. By picking in that spot, all the "dynamic" rookies are gone and all the other impact offensive players have been saved. That makes it hard to dramatically improve your team. There isnt a problem with the same teams in the playoffs every year.....
...The Legend