Keeper Position Limit?

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by wolfe »

I have two thumbs :thumbup: :thumbup: and I agree with what Mr. Woody says.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Jonathan S. »

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Count those.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

This is a great league because of it being a keeper league among other things. Being able to draft or make trades for the future is an element which makes this league unique. Im torn because out of all things that can be done, I like a "cap" on how long you can keep a player. Doing this I can still forcast whats going to happen in the next couple of years if I want. I do not like position limits at all. If I want to keep 4 or 5 running backs then that should be my perrogative. (wait? a Bobby Brown sighting??) Im not sure we could ever get a majority to agree on any of the plans that have been proposed.
...The Legend
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I think someone brought up that point, but the only position it would most likely change would be RB. You could still freeze up to 5 WRs. No one keeps more than 1 QB or 2 TEs, Ks, DL, LBs or DBs anyway.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Jonathan S. »

Please let this dumbassery die.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by wolfe »

Then what would you complain about?

There is always going to be topic where you are the righteous one and everyone else is a "dumbass" for having a different opinion. I nominate this topic for now. Maybe it will take your energy away from hurling insults elsewhere.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Jonathan S. wrote:Please let this dumbassery die.
It is not going to happen so quit complaining!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Jonathan S. »

Here's an insult for you Wolfrey...you're an ASS! Stop playing devil's advocate. I haven't insulted anyone other than you just now.

And as well, lots of times I'm not solitary in my righteousness (as you say); I'm only boisterously determined to burn the witches.

I'm not truly righteous, but this idea is dumbassery. The reasoning behind Anferney's proposal (now pay attention to this part) was because he felt that the league was not competitive enough for him...he told me so...now that's truly an insult.
Last edited by Jonathan S. on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Keeper Position Limit?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Oompa Midgets wrote:I'm sick of the same owners in the playoffs year-in and year-out! I would like a new challenge! This is my favorite league setup, but it is becoming stale IMO.


The issue of competitiveness falls on the owners. I see Anthonys point of better players being in the draft or players moving among teams. It will not matter in my opinion. You might say Im waffling on the idea because I have always supported this change in some sort of fashion. Actually im not...I just understand the reality of it. I have tried very hard to make the Punishers a competitive team. I would think that no one would say Im their "easy" win. Yes Ive been blown out some but its becoming rarer and rarer. I was 0-10 versus the Eagles until last year and I won both times.

What makes it difficult is that sometimes you seem penalized for trying. I end up around .500 every year and end up picking 7th or 8th. By picking in that spot, all the "dynamic" rookies are gone and all the other impact offensive players have been saved. That makes it hard to dramatically improve your team. There isnt a problem with the same teams in the playoffs every year.....
...The Legend
Post Reply