time to complain, because i want to!

thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

time to complain, because i want to!

Post by thechosenone »

i finish 9-5, and the next closet team is 7-7 ... but they go to the playoffs on total points....the total points should come into play if thier is a tie with the next best record, to break the tiebreaker. :bawling:
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by wolfe »

Are you one of those BCS coaches that complain when they are not in, but say nothing when your team benefits? (Actually, Chosen One has never been the Wild Card)

I disagree, but does anyone else support changing this next year?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Hell no, one of the reasons this is in place is because you could play in a weak division and get more easy victories! If we do anything, I say use the victory point system! I love it!!! If you scored the second most points in the week and lost you'd still get 2 points whereas a team that scored the 10th most points and beat the lowest score of the week would only get 2 points also.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by Agitator »

Oompa Midgets wrote:If we do anything, I say use the victory point system! I love it!!!
No to Victory Points.... No to best record get wild card.... LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS!

also... NO to points for a forced fumble. Just b/c it's a forced fumble doesn't mean it's a turnover. The player already gets points for a tackle... you want to give him an extra point or two just because the ball slipped out of his hand. We should only reward turnovers!

I proposed kicking the Chosen One out of the league for suggesting stupid rules!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by thechosenone »

shut up and let me vent!!!!!!!!!! and cry , and whine and have my pity party...... seriously, the only thing that i do not understand is....it is a head to head league, so why does it not come down to the record first, points second....oh wellllllllll boo hoo
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Like I already stated. You could, and probably did, play in a weaker division. The most points almost always gets the better team in! The highest point total team most likely had some bad luck playing the highest scoring teams that week. The victory point system is the BEST of both worlds. I like it the way it is, but I would be in favor of switching to the VPS.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

When I first joined the league I would have agreed with you. But after playing for several years, I see the point of it. I agree with Anthony about running into a buzzsaw on your players off weeks and ect ect. Not that I need motivation to keep winning, but what an element of excitement it gave this year when Im sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Bryant to put me over the top....did I just say that?? Yes..I was waiting on Antonio freakin Bryant to put me in the playoffs. Now thats crazy!!
...The Legend
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by bstock »

lucky bastard
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

bstock wrote:lucky bastard
Thats part of it sometimes isnt it?? Besides I could say the same thing to you in league 1...the way The Punishers crashed and burned the last game and let you in the playoffs. That one still hurts!!

Lucky bastard!! :P
...The Legend
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: time to complain, because i want to!

Post by Oompa Midgets »

So I guess Anthony was the only one to make the playoffs in both leagues this season. #2 seeds in both and also led both leagues in total points! Damn I'm good :lol:
Post Reply