time to complain, because i want to!
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
time to complain, because i want to!
i finish 9-5, and the next closet team is 7-7 ... but they go to the playoffs on total points....the total points should come into play if thier is a tie with the next best record, to break the tiebreaker. 
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
Are you one of those BCS coaches that complain when they are not in, but say nothing when your team benefits? (Actually, Chosen One has never been the Wild Card)
I disagree, but does anyone else support changing this next year?
I disagree, but does anyone else support changing this next year?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
Hell no, one of the reasons this is in place is because you could play in a weak division and get more easy victories! If we do anything, I say use the victory point system! I love it!!! If you scored the second most points in the week and lost you'd still get 2 points whereas a team that scored the 10th most points and beat the lowest score of the week would only get 2 points also.
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
No to Victory Points.... No to best record get wild card.... LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS!Oompa Midgets wrote:If we do anything, I say use the victory point system! I love it!!!
also... NO to points for a forced fumble. Just b/c it's a forced fumble doesn't mean it's a turnover. The player already gets points for a tackle... you want to give him an extra point or two just because the ball slipped out of his hand. We should only reward turnovers!
I proposed kicking the Chosen One out of the league for suggesting stupid rules!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
shut up and let me vent!!!!!!!!!! and cry , and whine and have my pity party...... seriously, the only thing that i do not understand is....it is a head to head league, so why does it not come down to the record first, points second....oh wellllllllll boo hoo
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
Like I already stated. You could, and probably did, play in a weaker division. The most points almost always gets the better team in! The highest point total team most likely had some bad luck playing the highest scoring teams that week. The victory point system is the BEST of both worlds. I like it the way it is, but I would be in favor of switching to the VPS.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
When I first joined the league I would have agreed with you. But after playing for several years, I see the point of it. I agree with Anthony about running into a buzzsaw on your players off weeks and ect ect. Not that I need motivation to keep winning, but what an element of excitement it gave this year when Im sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Bryant to put me over the top....did I just say that?? Yes..I was waiting on Antonio freakin Bryant to put me in the playoffs. Now thats crazy!!
...The Legend
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
Thats part of it sometimes isnt it?? Besides I could say the same thing to you in league 1...the way The Punishers crashed and burned the last game and let you in the playoffs. That one still hurts!!bstock wrote:lucky bastard
Lucky bastard!!
...The Legend
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: time to complain, because i want to!
So I guess Anthony was the only one to make the playoffs in both leagues this season. #2 seeds in both and also led both leagues in total points! Damn I'm good 